Admissions and Enrollment
Participation in the ABT Summer Intensive is by acceptance
only. Dancers may audition in person, at one of the sites
on our National Audition Tour, or submit a video application.
Notification letters will be emailed within 10 business
days following each audition. Please look over the schedule
below so that you can be prepared to make your decision
about enrollment. Each audition weekend has a deposit deadline
to secure enrollment. Students may only audition once each
|If you audition on this date:
||Your deposit must be posted online
by the following deposit date, 11:59pm EST:
Video Auditions (February 1)
| January 30, 2017
February 6, 2017
February 13, 2017
February 20, 2017
February 27, 2017
March 6, 2017
March 6, 2017
Your spot in the Summer Intensive program will only be held until
the non-refundable tuition deposit deadline date.
To apply by audition:
- Attend one of the audition sites (National
- At the audition submit the following:
- One photograph showing first arabesque in center (on pointe
- Photo should be taken with a clear background, preferably in a ballet studio, in a black leotard and tights
- One informal headshot (does not need to be professional)
- Photo should be taken with a clear background and hair should be in a bun
Photographs will not be returned.
- The $35.00 audition fee in cash, check, or money order.
Students are able to pre-register for auditions online
by clicking below. Students who pre-register will be guaranteed
a spot at the registered time. Pre-Registration will open Monday, November 7, 2016. The deadline to pre-register is Friday, December 30, 2016 at 11:59pm EST. Please
Note: Pre-Registration is encouraged but not required.
Summer Intensive Pre-Registration
To apply by video:
- Video auditions must be submitted via our Student Portal. To submit your audition, please click here.
- An audition fee of $40 will be required to complete your video audition (credit card only).
- Video auditions will be accepted beginning Tuesday, December 1, 2016. The deadline for video auditions is Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 11:59pm EST.
- Video audition results will be emailed by the deadline to enroll.
Please click here
to view video guidelines prior to submission.
Please note that variations and performance footage
are not required for video auditions. Submission of such
material may negatively affect a student’s acceptance.
In the event an audition needs to be cancelled in an
emergency, please be prepared to send a video audition
promptly. Videos that replace a cancelled audition
site must be submitted within 10 days after the scheduled
date. Please follow the above instructions.