Classification: Counselor, Summer Intensive
Last Revision Date: March 14, 2018
FLSA Status: Exempt
American Ballet Theatre is seeking resident counselors, males and females, for the Orange County Summer Intensive Program. Counselors will reside on the University of California, Irvine campus and supervise young male and female dancers ages 12-18 from July 23 – August 10, 2018. Counselors will be on duty for the entire duration of the program.
- Enforce dormitory rules and curfews.
- Plan and organize dorm activities (e.g. movie and game nights).
- Accompany students to and from the studios and cafeteria and on off-site weekend trips.
- Assist in the Summer Intensive office (e.g. posting weekly schedules; escorting students to medical appointments; arrangements for the final performance).
- Maintain a positive and supportive environment for ABT students.
- Communicate with parents, students, and faculty regarding Summer Intensive schedules, student attendance and final performance information.
- Act as an on-site chaperone to report any physical or psychological issues or problems that arise with the student body.
- Monitors dancers’ conduct and behavior and reports any problems or concerns to the Summer Intensive Office.
- Work closely with Production staff to ensure a smooth dress rehearsal and performance at the end of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Seeking highly motivated college students, recent college graduates, or equivalent. Previous chaperone and counselor experience and/or work with teenagers, dancers, and education programs are preferred. Due to a high percentage of international students, proficiency in multiple language is a plus. Counselors must reside on the University of California, Irvine campus for the duration of the position from Saturday, July 21, 2018 to Saturday, August 11, 2018. Counselors must provide their own means of transportation to and from Irvine. Counselors are expected to be on duty at all times, and there will be only limited off time available. Must have completed one year of college or be at least 19 years of age.
Primary Reporting Responsibility:
Summer Intensive Director
Counselors will receive room and board consisting of a single room, three meals a day, and a salary of $1200
Applications and Inquiries:
Applications are due by Monday, April 27, 2018.
Please send application and resume to Elizabeth Aymong at [email protected] or to:
American Ballet Theatre
890 Broadway, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003
Attn: Elizabeth Aymong