Last Revision: February 2020
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position reports to the Associate Directors of Major Gifts and supports the Major Gifts team. The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented individual with a mind for process, excellent attention to detail, and strong communication skills. We are looking for an individual with an interest in ABT’s mission who is excited to dive into a fast-paced development environment and contribute to the growth opportunities within the area of Major Gifts.
The individual’s main responsibilities will be to supporting the Major Gifts team by executing processes that ensure successful cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of ABT donors. The Major Gifts Associate will be responsible for:
- Tracking renewal calendar, drafting letters and generating renewal mailings.
- Drafting and generating acknowledgement letters for Chief Philanthropy Officer and Executive Director.
- Coordinating with the donor relations team on major donor ticketing requests and benefit fulfillment.
- Organizing and maintaining accurate major donor records in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Generating constituent queries and reports from Raiser’s Edge database.
- Liaising with marketing, event, and program staff to produce communication materials for donors, including emails, reports, and proposals.
- Maintaining the Major Gifts prospect pipeline and generating prospect research as requested
- Supervising the Major Gifts intern.
- Providing general administrative support for Major Gifts office and Development department at large.
- Attending ABT performances and special events (on evenings and weekends) as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 2-3 years fundraising experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, resourceful, and reliable
- Ability to work collegially across departments and across the organization
- Must have a high level of discretion with confidential information
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to respond creatively, strategically and quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Energetic, optimistic, collaborative, “roll-up-your-sleeves” approach to work
- Appreciation for, interest in and understanding of the not-for-profit and performing arts sectors a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills required and proficiency in Raiser’s Edge highly desirable.
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Associate Directors of Major Gifts
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and a brief writing sample to [email protected]. Include in the subject line “Major Gifts Associate.” No phone calls or recruiters, please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
American Ballet Theatre offers medical, dental, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to ABT performances and events, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
American Ballet Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.
The job description above is intended to set forth the general nature of the work that will be expected of the person who takes on this role. The job description is not, however, meant to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities required for this role. From time to time, all personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.