Department: Information Technology
Last Revision: October 19, 2018
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The IT Support Manager will report to ABT’s Chief Financial Officer, who oversees the Information Technology function at ABT, and will serve as an important member of the Technology team. This full-time, salaried position is responsible for providing efficient and effective technical assistance for the ABT staff, as well as partnering with contract support vendors to ensure the maintenance and stability of the IT environment. The IT Support Manager must have strong technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand problems and explain solutions. This includes offering a customer-oriented, proactive approach to technical problem-solving.
This role requires an individual who is a team player, willing to learn, share new ideas and accept new challenges and tasks. Ideal candidates are individuals with several years of experience in a technology support role as well as an interest in the nonprofit sector and the performing arts.
- Provide high-quality technical support to all users within the organization.
- Act as a key point of contact with contracted support vendors.
- Develop a thorough understanding of organizational business requirements and priorities to deliver high-quality service and effective solutions.
- Collaborate with departmental IT counterparts to proactively maintain and integrate internal and third-party business applications.
- Manage time effectively to balance support requests and project-based improvement initiatives.
- Maintain and create technical documentation in support of related systems and processes as needed.
- Provide regular status reports to management.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Experience with networking, client-server environments, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Azure.
- Strong technical skills and experience on a variety of computing platforms including Mac and PC.
- Proficiency with the maintenance and support of the Microsoft Office 365 SuiteSolid understanding of computer systems, common productivity software, mobile devices, WiFi, printers, and other technology.
- Experience with PBX systems preferred but not required.
- Strong technical problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to pay acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute as a strong team player.
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Chief Financial Officer
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected]. Include in the subject line “IT Support Manager.” No phone calls, please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
American Ballet Theatre offers medical, dental, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to ABT performances and events, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
American Ballet Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.