You can also contact us at the following:
American Ballet Theatre
890 Broadway, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003
E: [email protected]
The following materials are required to audition. Please provide links to these materials in your inquiry.
- Video: The video should have no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight-fitting dance attire for men:
- A short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants. Please do not wear anything that obscures your leg line.
- A short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork, or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation.
- 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants.
- 3-5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants.
- CV: Your CV must include your height, weight, birthdate, nationality, contact information, contractual status, and details on training and professional experience.
- 2-3 Photos: Photos should reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line.